Location: Nevada Head Start - Nevada, MO
Job Type and Status: Grade 3 - Full time - 40 hr/wk
Salary: $7.80 to $9.55 per hour
Benefits: Life, Health, Dental, Sick Leave, Holiday, 403b
Educational Requirements: • High School Diploma or GED required and experience in the field of Child Development, Family Development preferred
• Must have basic understanding of the computer and software.
Skills Required: Proficiency in both English and Spanish languages are preferred, but not required. Reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance is required.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle material or operate equipment and to talk and hear. He/she is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand, climb stairs or ladder, stoop, kneel and crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Description: This is a 12 month per year position.
The role of the advocate is to serve as a resource to the family and act as a liaison between the Head Start classroom the family and the community.
• Responsible for providing support to the child and family, serve as a resource to the family, and act as a liaison between the center, the family and community.
• Responsible for child recruitment and application process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for ensuring full compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, Program/Work Plans, Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Day Care Licensing.
• Responsible for maintaining efficient records to provide accurate and timely information regarding children/families and ensure confidentiality of this information.
• Responsible for coordinating and ensuring attendance in Head Start ERSEA (Enrollment, Recruitment, Selection, Eligibility, Attendance).
• Ensure strong parent involvement is established and maintained at assigned center, ample opportunities for participation in quality parent activities, and full participation in program governance (Policy council) activities. Attend a minimum of one Policy Council meeting per program year and inform the Director of changes in the Policy Council Delegates/Alternates as they develop.
• Participate in community organizations, individual center staff meetings, community assessment process, Community Health Partnership Advisory committee, case coordinating team meetings, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
APPLY ONLINE NOW!